Today was an awesome day! Started my morning kinda dragging as my lovely daughter thought mommy should get up real early on her bday! 8am! Which actually means I slept in by half and hour! I fed Chloe and put back to bed and tried to get more sleep in. Jake was up by this time and would get Chloe and watch her if she woke. She did and he watched her and just when I thought I would finally go to sleep the doorbell rang only to have Jehovah's Witnesses on our doorstep wanting to talk. So while I lay in bed thinking about how sleep was never going to come, my wonderful hubby was talking to the nice lady who left after a couple of mins. Then I realized I had a lot to do today, needed to shower and the really taking a nap wasnt probably not a good idea. Plus Chloe was hungry. So I got up. Fed Chloe, took a shower, fed Chloe again-I swear thats all I do!, went shopping for my rocking chair with success!, cleaned my house, made dessert which failed-appaerntly crisco shortening can go bad and really make your dessert taste bad also-big fail!, went to dinner at Jacobi's which was great! and finally ended the night at home where we discovered the dessert tasted bad cause of the bad crisco! All in all an awesome day!!
Its funny how when we are 5 or 6 or younger even, we think that 20, 30, 40 is so old. We dont ever want to get THAT old! You must die if your that old. Well, I am now that old. And really I dont see it as old. I may joke about being old or that my life is ending. Thats just mostly to have fun. My life is really just beginning! I have so many more years ahead of me full of surprises, joys, sorrows, friends, enemies, grandchildren, great grandchildren! My life has only just begun! And while I may joke about how "old" I am, please dont mistakenly if for more then a joke. Im not old, Im just starting! And I cant wait to see whats in store for the years to come! Happy Birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment