flower

Friday, November 23, 2012

November

2 things I love about November and 2 things I hate. First the hate.

1-Black Friday. Yes I have participated in black friday shopping and I will probably do so in the future. I love shopping and I love shopping for deals. What I hate about black Friday is that it starts on Thursday now. We can't even wait till Thursday is over to start the crazy shopping madness. I think I would be fine with doing online shopping because you can still hang with your family while online shopping. I did it last night. Granted the movie Jake and I were watching took a VERY long time to get into but I was on amazing shopping and he was playing with his mtg cards. It worked for us. But I wish the stores would wait till Friday am before opening up to the shopping madness, It seems that everything starts earlier every year! And the WORST thing about Black Friday is because of the rudeness that goes on. I mean people are rude regardless but it becomes very obvious and apparent on Black Friday. I mean seriously?? You just had a nice dinner with your family hours before and some of you even went around the table or wrote down what you were thankful for and then you went shopping and were very rude?? How does THAT work?? Yeah it doesn't! I did black friday shopping last year. In person. It was CRAZY madness, however, not once did I get rude or cop an attitude. Oh they were out of what I wanted? Oh well. There's always next year. No biggie. I will survive. Some of you act like it was life or death!! Get over it! Seriously!! You can shop without being a complete and total a-hole about it!!

2-Dec-Oct we whine and complain about mounds of things. We talk about foods we eat, things we do, good and bad. And sometimes we post things we are grateful for but mostly its complaints and good and bad stuff. Except in November. All of a sudden, EVERYONE is thankful the whole month! THE WHOLE MONTH!! I like to post through out the year what I am thankful for. And I don't like to do it casue I have to but cause I want to. I refuse to participate in the thankful statuses all month long. It irritates the crap out of me! Why can't we be that thankful every day? Why only November? Just because Thanksgiving is in that month?? Wouldn't be awesome if we could every day mention one thing we are thankful for? Imagine how your world might change if that happened. Why does it only have to happen in one month? I have friends who do this through the year also and who also do the thankful status in Nov. However, they are the ones that do it all year long. I also have friends who have nothing nice to stay, usually have downer, depressing, mean things in their statuses to say and then in Nov all of a sudden everything has changed and for one month they are thankful for everything. Till that month is over then they are back to the same crappy mean spirited status they write all year long. Seriously? Too me, we should be thankful all year long! Not just November!

The good things about it.

1-I love it because it's the time of year that families actually try to get together to spend time enjoying each other's company. We usually stay home and cook a meal for my sister and her family and my mom. This year we went to Jake's twins house and she cooked the meal! She has 4 kids so all our kids were playing and having a great time! We saw Jake's parents as well as his twins parent's in law and brother in law and his wife. It was a great time full of food and conversation and even a couple of wrestling matches! We had a blast! And we also get to see friends we don't see often because of distance. Like Jake's friend Joel and his wife and two kids! Our kids had a lot of playing and we had a good time talking and watching them play. They all 4 even took a bath! That was very cute! I truly enjoy this time of year. We aren't always able to go to visit them cause Jake doesn't always have his vacation built up and we don't have the money for it but at this time of year, he has paid vacation and so we can actually go and visit friends and family. It's nice when we can do that!

2-Holidays! I love the holidays! Thanksgiving means I am one day closer to decorating for Christmas! I don't have Thanksgiving decorations *that will hopefully change soon!* so I look forward to decorating for Christmas! I love the holidays and everything that comes with it. The shopping, the crowds, the cooking, the food, the family time, the conversations, the get togethers, the games, and all of it. I the loves smells, the fun holiday foods that come out. I love the colors that fall brings. I don't love the cold but I also don't hate it either cause that means I can enjoy a hot drink!

I think we can do thankful statuses, and black friday shopping, eating, conversations, traveling, all that that holidays entail properly. Without the attitudes, without being rude, without all of a sudden seeming extremely thankful when half the time we never act that way. I think it can all be done without going overboard to prove how great we are. I just think we need to stop trying so hard and just live. I also think we should do a thankful status EVERY DAY all year long! I will try but will forget. I never remember anything these days! But I will try my best to! And feel free to remind me if you want to! Specially if I'm complaining!!

No comments: